Follow these simple steps for the upcoming banner
Step 1 – Login to the game on Friday.
Step 2 – Press Shop > Lapis > Purchase Vault of Lapis.
Step 3 – Press Summon > New Banner > 11 Summons.
Step 4 – When you’re out of Lapis, repeat Step 2.
Conclusion – Keep Summoning until you get 5 Orlandeau(s)
KK Jokes aside (I’m quite serious though), let’s talk about the new units.
Who to Pull?
I’m pretty sure all of you know by now how powerful and important Orlandeau is to the game. He is definitely a game changer unit which we have not seen since the first Noctis Banner. If you guys have been saving your Tickets, Lapis, real-$$ for a long time, now is the time to unleash them. However, be warned that there are 3 troll units in this banner!
This is old man here is the reason why people are holding onto their Lapis or Tickets for. Lately, I’m sure most of you noticed tons of OHKO strats on YouTube for various bosses. These videos usually showcase Edgar, Chizuru, or Cupid Luna as the “Chain Starter” while Olive (or the skill Alterna) will be tasked as the “Finisher”. However if you noticed, these Chain Starters usually do not have much damage (or survivability) and relies solely on the Finisher to kill the boss. Now, what better way to solve this issue by introducing a high damage Swordsman who can chain and deal great damage with his chains!
- It’s been awhile since the last “salty” drama which happened during Noctis Banner. This is probably the best reason to pull him. Add More Salt!
- Divine Ruination – the chain skill that does 200% Physical Damge with 50% Ignore DEF and decrease Light Resistance by 50% for 3 turns has a total of 7 hits (14 with DW).
- If you chain Divine Ruination with Excalibur, this skill is a beast to enemies that are not immune to Light Element.
- Orlandeau is immune to Blind, Sleep and Paralyze.
- +40% ATK when equipped with Great Sword (again, this is why you need those 5 Excaliburs).
- The down side of Orlandeau is that you need at least 2 of him to effectively make use of his chains. This makes him one of the more expensive 5*-based units to chase.
- His TM is…. I’m not quite sure how good or bad it is. Please comment below if you know the answer.
Here comes a new Dancer who can’t make up her mind how many turns she wants to disappear for. To be honest, Soleil is so bad that she’s not even going to make it as a backup Dancer. Her skills are meh… Her stats are meh… Her Sprite on the other hand…… Soleil is probably the first “troll unit” at 4*-based.
Just stick to Ling… or even Ariana Grande.
I remember pulling tons of Ovelia before quitting the Japan version… Basically, you’ll only want her for her TM which isn’t really that great in the first place. However, since you’ll be pulling for Orlandeau and she’s a 3*, you’ll probably complete her TM before getting your second Orlandeau.
Lawrence is probably the only unit in this banner with a slightly decent TM. This is the first Light Armor with MAG which means your Exdeath can finally have a little more damage. Other than that, he’s just another troll unit in this banner.